General presentation of the program
MSN offers Executive Master programs of the highest quality. more than 45 Professors and Experts contribute to this vision. The contributors are mostly researchers that gladly interact with our students, consisting of Engineers, Directors and other decision-makers. It is also an offer made out of a need to communicate our wish to bring industrial and academic together, to solve real-life problems, and inspire each other to excel in education and at work, respectively.
The Executive Masters in Materials Science and Engineering are programs that are focused on the studies of advanced materials, oriented towards direct applications in industry. The programs treat among others, materials’ design, modeling and development, and focuses attention on the need for innovative solutions that can answer the current and future needs of OCP, Moroccan and African industries. Three programs have been developed to train engineers, decision-makers and practitioners in the fields of:
- Circular economy and waste management
They also, include additional modules dedicated to innovation, entrepreneurship and technology transfer.
Presentation of the Program « Nanomatériaux et Phénomènes de Corrosion »
This program aims to introduce new and exciting fields of materials surface treatment with the objective of detailing and discussing corrosion, abrasion and wear phenomena and the related materials properties. The program also proposes alternative materials and their uses.
- Identify the various types and driving factors of the corrosion, as well as how to predict and prevent corrosion risks;
- Develop work procedures for corrosion monitoring and control;
- Determine the most practical method for corrosion protection, and describe the important factors affecting each type of treatment
- Physical and chemical coating technologies; Surface cleaning processes and surface property evaluation
- Industry performance requirements for surface treatment and coating; Identify pertinent coating technology
- Problem-solving skills using advanced industrial coating technologies
- Acquire a basic understanding for composite materials: synthesis and characterization methods.
- Know the advantages of composite materials, their main challenges
- Have an overview on recent advances on composite materials and their applications
- Develop abilities on theory and practice in order to establish the relationship between structure and properties of metallic materials;
- Good understanding of corrosion is of key importance for making good design decisions and solving corrosion problems;
- Recognize different types of corrosion and oxidation morphologies in metal alloys under service conditions.
- Analysis of the results and highlighting of the correlations between the coating techniques, treatments and surface properties.
- Choosing the most appropriate analytical technique for daily research and analysis.
Presentation of the Program « Economie Circulaire et Gestion des Déchets »
The circular economy program looks at the life cycle of materials and their uses from a circular economical perspective. From mine byproducts to construction materials, the program addresses issues such as life cycle analysis and the effect on ecology and the environment.
- Understand the effects of human activity on natural environments;
- Acquire the concepts and semantics of an environmental scientific culture;
- Being able to put environmental and systemic information into perspective.
- The implementation of different methods of chemical, spectroscopic characterization and elementary analysis;
- Analysis of the results and highlighting of the correlations between the techniques of elaboration and material properties;
- Choosing the most appropriate analysis technique for daily research and analysis
- Teach different techniques and methods of solid waste recovery;
- Understand the issues and challenges of resource and waste management in the construction sector;
- Discover the value chains and opportunities that meet the principles of the circular economy
- Introduce candidates to tools for integrating sustainable development into their professional activities;
- Develop the capacity for innovation in the circular economy; Understand the obstacles and levers of the circular economy;
- Allow candidates to quantify environmental impacts throughout the life cycle of a product
- Analysis of the results and highlighting of the correlations between the production techniques, treatments and properties of building materials.
- Choosing the most appropriate analytical technique for daily research and analysis
Presentation of the Program « Les Énergies Renouvelables et Stockage »
Energy Storage is today the clear bottle neck for the renewable energy sector. This program looks at a number of storage technologies, including electrochemical, thermal and hydrogen storage.
- Get the Knowledge of the challenges of energy storage,
- Understanding of the functioning of batteries and capacitors,
- Relation: Batteries – Metals (P, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni,…), Mobile and stationary applications of batteries and capacitors
- Principles and applications of different hydrogen production technologies, including Hydrogen storage techniques.
- Understand the basic concepts of electrolyzers, hydrogen photo-catalysts, Conversion of hydrogen into energy (fuel cell).
- Design the different solar energy production systems
- Understand the basic concepts of converting photons into energy
- Understanding the technical, technological and environmental challenges for the development of these technologies
- Knowledge of the current and future organization of the renewable energy sectors (wind, solar, biomass, etc.),
- Optimization of the performance of an energy system,
- Technical, economic and environmental assessment of a renewable energy project
- Analysis of the results and highlighting of the correlations between the fabrication techniques, treatments and properties.
- The choice of the most appropriate analytical technique for the daily research and analysis work
- Energy transition from fossil to renewable sources,
- Conflicts and geopolitical governance of energy;
- Economic governance of energy
- Assimilate the main foundations of intellectual property and different form of technology transfer
- Learn about the main processes for promoting scientific research
- The main objective of this module is to develop an entrepreneurial culture in the context of scientific innovation.
- Advanced Membrane Technology and major industrial Applications;
- Formulation and industrial manufacturing of membranes ;
- Membrane processes and systems; Microfiltration, nano-filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis.
- The purpose is to provide a platform where attendees can acquire practical knowledge of one of the most widely used computational tools, namely Molecular Dynamics (MD) and Density functional theory (DFT). At the end of the school, attendees should have a good grasp of one of the MD and DFT packages.